There's no doubt that payroll and HR go hand-in-hand. Maintaining a clean record of people's data is optimal for a streamlined payroll process. Whether it's employee details like bank accounts or payroll data like salary data, HRIS often becomes a source of truth for many companies for a smooth automated payroll.
We understand this at Pento and invest heavily in the HRIS integrations of our payroll software, especially when it's a favourite amongst People teams, HiBob. So without further ado, let's recap Pento's HiBob HRIS integration, learn what's new, and give you a peek into what's next.
Why integrate Pento and HiBob?
- Single source of truth across your HR and payroll: No more double entries and manual checks – say goodbye to the extra effort. Easily maintain the same data across your HRIS and payroll system.
- The best HRIS and payroll integration in the UK: Easy to set up, syncs in real-time without delays, detailed sync logs, and deep data syncs; there's no better integration in the market that connects your HiBob data to payroll.
We're not saying it – hundreds of People teams across companies like Capital on Tap, Kriya (formerly MarketFinance), Redkite, Doddle, Tessian, Carwow and more love the seamless integration of HiBob and Pento.
Recap: Sync data in real-time, send payslips to HiBob and more
In our first version of Pento's HiBob HRIS integration, we automated the tasks that take up most of your time.
- Ensure data could easily flow in real-time: Real-time syncs meant customers could update any employee information like bank details or payroll information like salary or joining date in HiBob, and it would be updated in Pento automatically, simultaneously, without delays.
- Exclude employees from syncing: Since we cater to larger companies, People teams often added their Board or employees in different countries to HiBob. We provided a way to exclude certain employees or groups from syncing to Pento since they weren't on the company's payroll.
- Centralised access for employees to access payslips: We realised People teams wanted to avoid burdening employees with multiple systems and logins. With the same thought, we ensured payslips would automatically be emailed and go back to HiBob after every payroll.
- Sync logs: Enable People teams to understand what's synced or not synced and why.
- Detailed field mapping: We wanted to give people teams as much control as possible regarding what they wish to sync. With our detailed field mapping, People teams could map different fields and port them to Pento without changing their existing setup in HiBob.
- Easy to set up and start: We wanted to make the integration setup a no-brainer. Simply copy and paste the ID and token from your HiBob account, and you're ready. No delays; the integration will start syncing data right away.
With our latest updates, we've enriched our HiBob integration further. Read on.
What's new: send payroll docs, sync org structure, automate leaver's experience, sync holiday entitlement, and more ✨
Send employee tax-related docs to HiBob
In addition to payslips, you can now send P45s, P60s, P11Ds and pension letters directly to HiBob. Provide a centralised employee payroll portal right within HiBob. No additional logins needed.
Sync org structures from HiBob
Maintain a single source of truth in your HRIS and make journal reporting seamless. Sync your organisational structure for each employee from HiBob to Pento.
Sync holiday entitlement from HiBob
Automate your entire leaver's experience by syncing entitled holidays from HiBob. HiBob will calculate the accrued holiday balance, including defining the rounding and can include carryover days. Pento will then sync the holiday balance for terminating employees from your holiday policy in HiBob.
Define when your employees get added to the payroll software
You can now choose when to move your new starters from Hibob to Pento.
- Move as soon as you add employees to HiBob; or
- Move monthly, i.e., Pento will not import employees until the month of their start date; or
- You can define a cut-off date, and any new starters after will be moved into the following month's payroll.
Coming soon: Sync pay items and maternity/paternity dates from HiBob
Be it one-off pay items like an employee of the month award, annual bonus, or recurring pay items like phone bills or monthly sales commissions. If you track them in HiBob, you can soon sync them to Pento automatically. That's not it – we'll also be syncing maternity or paternity dates directly from HiBob as part of our future updates.
Our ultimate goal with our HRIS integrations is to provide People teams with extreme flexibility and automation, leaving no room for duplicate work or double-checks. Our journey to enhance our HRIS integrations doesn't end with HiBob. We'll soon extend similar enhancements to our other HRIS integration partners like BambooHR. There's a lot more in store. Stay tuned!
Meanwhile, if you want to see how you can streamline your end-to-end HR and payroll process with HiBob and Pento, see it in action – book a demo now.